Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Knowing

The movie bothered me on an unprecedented scale.

Despite the Scientologic and Catholic undertones presented, the plot itself deeply bothered me. Aliens and/or otherworldly beings select a few chosen to be the progenitors of a conceivably new race of humans living on another world. They arrive in space ships and ascend to their star ships with a gossamer outline of wings from their back.

So...let me get this straight. Angels are really aliens, who we think our angels?

I thought that they were angels, but to my surprise
They climbed aboard their star ships and headed for the skies
Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me

Religion has always bothered me how it seeks to seep in through the cracks and plant itself subliminally in the deepest corners of the mind. What I thought was an apocalyptic thriller, turned into a Scientology lesson.

Perhaps I am the only one to have seen it. It seems that the rest of my party failed to notice it. In fact, most of the movie was lost on others; something that I think is a good thing. Religion is a scary thing in the wrong minds and faith is a blessing most have yet to receive. To confuse the two is worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment